Shedding of hair is normal, generally 50 to 100 hair shed per day and this amount of shedding does not cause visible thinning of hair but sometimes, hair fall really becomes serious and the amount of shedding hair increases. In this situation, baldness becomes visible and both women and men become cautious about this condition. Most of the people try to find out the remedy of this problem in natural home remedies or other medications and mostly doing so does not give fruitful results. But there is a method that can help you growing lost hair again and is permanent too that is hair transplant in Dubai.
There are a number of factors that cause hair loss like aging, changes in hormones and baldness may occur in heredity. Moreover, hair fall occurs in two types – male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness. In male pattern baldness, hair start thinning at the crown area and with the passage of time extends to the back of scalp while in case of female pattern baldness, hair loss occurs at the central area of scalp. Hair transplantation can be done for both the patterns of baldness.
Hair transplantation is actually a surgical procedure in which hair follicles from hair bearing areas are taken and relocated in the bald areas. There are two techniques for hair transplantation and the difference in the techniques lies in the method of taking hair from hair bearing area. The area from where surgeon takes hair is called donor area and the bald area where hair are relocated is called recipient area. Donor area can be scalp (mostly at back) or any other area of body like chest area.
It’s also important to mention here that hair transplantation can also be done for other areas than scalp including eyebrows, eyelashes or beard and chest hair. Let’s see how hair transplant works and how two techniques for the procedure differ.
In the procedure of hair transplantation, hair follicles are taken that are allocated in bald area and there they start growing. The two methods that are applied for the procedure are Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUT) hair transplant. In FUT a strip is taken from donor area and follicles are separated prior to relocating them in bald area. In FUE follicles are taken separately from donor area and use of this technique is more as compared to other one.
Female Hair Transplant in Dubai
Female hair transplant in Dubai is a surgical procedure that aims to help women with hair loss and balding problems. This procedure uses techniques that move hair follicles from one part of the body to the other. Areas that are losing hair are called the recipient site while areas where hair will be transplanted from are called the donor area. Surgeons usually harvest hair follicles individually from donor areas which include the back and side part of the head or where hair grows most abundantly. This procedure is best for women who are going through problems like excessive hair loss. It can also be used to restore eyelashes, eyebrows, pubic hair and fill in scars caused by accidents.
Possible Causes of Female Hair Loss:
- Physical stress: when the body goes to a trauma after a very heavy activity.
- Emotional stress; death in the family, divorce.
- Hormonal changes
- Overdoing vitamin A-containing supplements or medications can trigger hair loss.
- Lack of protein in your daily diet.
- Hereditary: Female-pattern hair loss, called androgenic or androgenetic alopecia, is basically the female version of male pattern baldness.
- Iron deficiency or Anemia
- Vitamin B deficiency.
- Severe weight loss
- Anorexia/ Bulemia
Ways to Harvest and Transplant Hair Follicles:
- Strip Harvesting: the most common way of harvesting hair form the donor area where surgeons remove hair using a single-double or a triple-bladed scalpel. The incisions made will be where hair follicles are extracted to their intact form. Using a microscope doctors will then carefully remove excess fatty tissues while making sure there is no damage in the follicular cells while doing so. Strip harvesting will leave a pencil thin linear scar in the donor area which is typically covered by the patient’s hair even at relatively short lengths.
- Follicular unit extraction: this procedure can be more time consuming compared to strip harvesting but this can give out a more natural results. Surgeons will harvest one to four hair follicles with the use of tiny punches that are usually 0.6mm to 1.0mm in diameter. It will then be transplanted to the recipient area individually which will mimic the exact and realistic hair pattern of the hair. There will be no linear incision in this method which is less visible scar on the scalp. Less pain and discomfort for patients as well for this procedure only uses small punctate scars.
What to Expect during Recovery from Hair Transplant:
- Medications like Aspirin, Ibuprofen and other blood thinner are extremely prohibited after getting hair transplant done for this can cause excessive bleeding and can lead to other severe complications.
- Refrain from heavy activities like running, jogging, lifting heavy weights and traveling to long destinations.
- Refrain from playing sports like basketball, swimming, tennis and even golf for these exert effort and can cause newly planted follicles to be accidentally removed.
- Occasionally bleeding may occur, to stop this just put a light pressure on the area like your finger to stop the bleeding.
- Use ice pack on the forehead and back are of the scalp to help reduce bruises.
- Avoid too much sun exposure.
hair transplant in Dubai FAQs
Hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure that aims to improve the whole aesthetic of the body parts that should grow hair but some are not too lucky to have. Most common dilemma is balding in the top front and top back of the head for both men and women. Thin hair, hair loss and balding are the main reasons why hair transplantation technique came about. Cosmetic surgeons made sure that these common dilemmas have solutions and have the most natural results. For some who haven’t heard or are not familiar with hair transplantation, here are some of the most frequent asked questions that you should be read by interested and possible patients in the future.
Who are the best candidates for hair transplant procedure?
The best candidates should be healthy individuals that do not suffer from any form of serious illness. Individuals who have been suffering from hair loss for five years and more, any person who has realistic expectations of what could be the possible results and who do not expect for more, anyone who want hair transplant for cosmetic reasons, who has lost an abundant amount of hair due to accidents like trauma and burns and persons who have gone through past cosmetic procedures which has caused them hair loss on areas enhanced are the best most eligible candidates.
Bad candidates for hair transplant procedure:
- Cancer patients
- Patients who have serious heart problems
- Individuals who are taking medications for serious illnesses.
- Patients with serious mental health.
- Individuals with staggering physical health.
What are the steps for hair transplantation procedure?
- Look for the best surgeon that has done numerous hair transplant procedure to be able to compare the results of his work.
- Search past clients who have gone to the same surgeon and aske for good and bad comments.
- If the surgeon has high reviews, go and schedule a meeting and interview the surgeon. If both of you believe in the same things and he believes in your goals in getting this procedure then he is the one.
- Ask the surgeon to schedule your procedure and make sure you do not have important meetins or occasions you have to go to for this procedure can take hours to finish.
- On the day of the operation, the doctor will have to administer anesthesia, an option for local and general anesthesia will have to be talked about during the meeting prior the day of the scheduled operation.
- The procedure will be done and will usually last depending on how much hair should be harvested and be transplanted on the problem areas.
- Incisions will be closed and patients will be prescribed with medication for pain and faster healing process.
How long does the healing period last?
Healing and recovery period lasts depending on what technique of hair transplantation was used. FUE technique usually is the fastest compared to Strip Harvesting for the latter only makes tiny punches for harvesting hair follicles in which it only causes small punctures and wounds this tiny can heal faster compared to making a liner incision on the scalp.
Do hair transplant results look natural?
On an honest note, getting a natural result will always depend on the skills of the surgeon you have chosen to do the procedure. This is why getting a surgeon that has more experience and has been in the field of hair transplant procedure for more than a decade or so is your best bet for the most natural looking results. If you can find the best most experienced surgeon in your place then it will be positive that you will get the most natural hair, even your own hair stylist won’t even notice a thing.